Configuring scheduled start of local system tasks
3 August 2023
You can use policies to allow or block the start of the local system On-Demand Scan task and the Update task. This is done according to the schedule configured locally on each protected device in the administration group:
- If the scheduled start of a specific type of local system task is prohibited by a policy, these tasks will not be performed on the protected device according to the schedule. You can start local system tasks manually.
- If the scheduled start of a specific type of local system task is allowed by a policy, these tasks will be performed in accordance with the scheduled parameters configured locally for this task.
By default, starting of local system tasks is prohibited by policy.
We recommend that you do not allow local system tasks to start if updates or on-demand scans are administered by Kaspersky Security Center group tasks.
If you do not use group update or on-demand scan tasks, allow local system tasks to be started in the policy: Kaspersky Industrial CyberSecurity for Nodes will perform application database and module updates, and start all local system on-demand scan tasks in accordance with the default schedule.
You can use policies to allow or block the scheduled start of the following local system tasks:
- On-Demand Scan tasks: Critical Areas Scan, Quarantine Scan, Scan at Operating System Startup, Application Integrity Control, Baseline File Integrity Monitor.
- Update tasks: Database Update, Software Modules Update, Copying Updates.
If the protected device is excluded from the administration group, the local system tasks schedule will be enabled automatically.
To allow or block the scheduled start of Kaspersky Industrial CyberSecurity for Nodes local system tasks in a policy:
- In the main window of the Kaspersky Security Center Web Console, select Devices → Policies & profiles.
- Click the policy name you want to configure.
- In the <Policy name> window that opens select the Application settings tab.
- Select the Application settings section.
- Click the Settings button in the Run local system tasks subsection.
- Configure the settings described in the table below.
Scheduled launch of local system tasks settings
Allow on-demand scan tasks launch
Select or clear the check box to allow or disallow the scheduled launch of on-demand scan tasks.
Allow update tasks and Copying Update task launch
Select or clear the check box to allow or disallow the scheduled launch of update tasks and Copying Update task.