Adding outbound rule for Windows Firewall
3 August 2023
The names of settings may vary depending on the installed Windows operating system.
To add the outbound rule for Windows Firewall:
- Select Start > Control Panel > Windows Firewall.
- In the Windows Firewall window, click the Advanced settings link.
The Windows Firewall with Advanced Security window opens.
- Select the Outbound Rules child node.
- Click the New Rule option in the Actions pane.
- In the New Outbound Rule Wizard window that opens, select the Port option and click Next.
- Select the TCP protocol.
- In the Specific remote ports field specify the following ports range for allowing outgoing connections: 1024-65535.
- In the Action window, select the Allow the connection option.
- Save the new rule and close the Windows Firewall with Advanced Security window.
The Windows Firewall will now allow network connections between the Application Console and Kaspersky Security Management Service.