Enabling the Default Allow mode
3 August 2023
Default Allow mode allows all applications to start if they are not blocked by rules or by a conclusion from KSN that they are not trusted. Default Allow mode can be enabled by adding specific allowing rules. You can enable Default Allow for only scripts or for all executable files.
To add a Default Allow rule:
- Open the Applications Launch Control rules window.
- Click the Add button and, in the button’s context menu, select Add one rule.
The Rule settings window opens.
- In the Name field, enter the name of the rule.
- In the Type drop-down list, select the Allowing rule type.
- In the Scope drop-down list, select the type of files whose execution will be controlled by the rule:
- Executable files, if you want the rule to control launch of executable files.
- Scripts and MSI packages, if you want the rule to control launch of scripts and MSI packages.
- In the Rule triggering criterion group box, select the Path to file option.
- Enter the following mask:
- Click the Rule settings button in the OK window.
Kaspersky Industrial CyberSecurity for Nodes applies the Default Allow mode.