Creating the protection scope
3 August 2023
The following types of protection scopes are applied in the Anti-Cryptor task:
- Predefined. You can use the default protection scope, which includes all the device's shared network folders in the scan. Applied if the All shared network folders on the server setting is selected.
- User. You can manually configure the protection scope by selecting the folders that need to be included in the protection scope of the Anti-Cryptor task. Applied if the Only specified shared folders setting is selected.
You can only use a local path to configure the protection scope for the Anti-Cryptor task.
When using either a predefined or user protection scope, you can exclude selected folders from the protection scope, for example, if data in these folders is encrypted by programs installed on remote devices.
To configure a protection scope for the Anti-Cryptor task:
- In the main window of the Kaspersky Security Center Web Console, select Devices → Policies & profiles.
- Click the policy name you want to configure.
- In the <Policy name> window that opens select the Application settings tab.
- Select the Network activity control section.
- Click the Settings button in the Anti-Cryptor subsection.
- On the Protection scope tab, select the folders that Kaspersky Industrial CyberSecurity for Nodes will scan when executing the Anti-Cryptor task:
- To specify the device's shared folders, that you want to include in the encryption protection scope:
- Select Only specified shared folders and click the Add button.
- In the pane on the right specify the path to a folder.
- Click the OK button.
- Click the OK button to apply the new settings.
The specified settings are saved.