Deleting Firewall rules
3 August 2023
You can only delete application and port rules. You cannot delete existing group rules.
To delete an existing rule for filtering incoming network traffic, perform the following actions:
- Expand the Managed devices node in the Kaspersky Security Center Administration Console tree.
- Select the administration group for which you want to configure application settings.
- Perform one of the following actions in the details pane of the selected administration group:
- To configure application settings for a group of protected devices, select the Policies tab and open the Properties: <Policy name> window.
- To configure the settings of a task or application for an individual protected device, select the Devices tab and go to local task settings or application settings.
- In the Network activity control section, click the Settings button in the Firewall Management subsection.
- Click the Rules list button in the window that opens.
The Firewall rules for inbound connections window opens.
- Depending on the type of rule whose status you want to modify, select the Applications or Ports tab.
- In the rule list, select the rule you want to delete.
- Click the Delete button.
The selected rule is deleted.
- Click the OK button in the Firewall rules for inbound connections window.
- Click the OK button in the Firewall Management window.
- Click the OK button in the Properties: <Policy name> window.
The specified Firewall Management task settings are saved. The new rule parameters will be sent to Windows Firewall.