List of trusted Wi-Fi networks
3 August 2023
You can specify the list of trusted Wi-Fi networks in order to ignore these networks when blocking connections. To create an exclusion for a trusted Wi-Fi network, you can:
- add the trusted Wi-Fi network manually.
- select trusted Wi-Fi networks from a list of available networks.
- use Notify Only mode in the Wi-Fi Control task.
You can add and delete exclusions. You cannot edit exclusion that have been added.
Kaspersky Industrial CyberSecurity for Nodes uses the following criteria to allow connection to the trusted Wi-Fi networks:
- Service Set Identifier (SSID). SSID (Service Set Identifier) - this is the name of the Wi-Fi network, which you can find in the operating system's list of information about available Wi-Fi networks. An SSID is not a unique identifier for a Wi-Fi network.
- Wi-Fi encryption. You can find out whether a Wi-Fi network is password protected by looking in the operating system's list of available Wi-Fi networks.
The values of these criteria are displayed in the corresponding columns of the list of trusted Wi-Fi networks in the Wi-Fi Control task settings.
When the Wi-Fi Control task is running, the application blocks connections to the Wi-Fi networks with the hidden SSID, if such Wi-Fi networks are not in the trusted networks list. You can only manually add an exclusion for a trusted Wi-Fi network with a hidden SSID.