Checking the list of the networks protected by Firewall
12 February 2024
Make sure that Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows Firewall protects all your networks. By default, Firewall protects networks with the following types of connection:
- Public network. Anti-virus applications, firewalls, or filters do not protect devices in such a network.
- Local network. Access to files and printers is restricted for devices in this network.
- Trusted network. Devices in such a network are protected from attacks and unauthorized access to files and data.
If you configured a custom network, make sure that Firewall protects it. For this purpose, check the list of the networks in the Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows policy properties. The list may not contain all the networks.
For more information about Firewall, see the Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows Help.
To check the list of networks:
- In the main menu, go to Assets (Devices) → Policies & profiles.
- Click the policy of Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows.
The properties window of the selected policy opens.
- In the policy properties, go to Application settings → Essential Threat Protection → Firewall.
- Under Available networks, click the Network settings link.
The Network connections window opens. This window displays the list of networks.
- If the list has a missing network, add it.