How to update the databases of Kaspersky Small Office Security 6
You must have a current license and an Internet connection to update the databases.
If you have not changed the application settings, a database update is run straight after installation, and from then on at an optimal time frequency. During virus outbreaks updates are released more often.
You can run a database update manually if necessary.
How to update the anti-virus databases manually
To update the databases of Kaspersky Small Office Security, use one of the following methods:
- In the lower-right corner of the desktop, right-click the application icon and select Update in the context menu. If the application icon is hidden from the taskbar, click Show hidden icons.
- In the main window of the application, click Database Update → Update. To learn how to open the application, please refer to the instructions in this article.
- Send the Run database update command through Kaspersky Small Office Security Management Console portal. To learn how to remotely manage the application, please refer to the instructions in this article.
What is downloaded when databases are updated
During a database update, the following is downloaded and installed to your computer:
- Antivirus databases. They contain descriptions of threats and the methods used to fight them.
- Application modules. They eliminate product vulnerabilities, improve the existing functions and add new ones.
- New versions of the product. By default, the application downloads new versions of Kaspersky Small Office Security to the computer and automatically installs them over the current version. If you experience problems during an automatic update of the application, download the new version from the Kaspersky website and manually install it.
How to find out the database release date
Move your mouse cursor over the Kaspersky Small Office Security icon in the lower-right corner of the desktop. If the application icon is hidden from the taskbar, click Show hidden icons.
In the pop-up window, you will see the database release date.
What to do in case of update problems
To learn how to fix known update errors, please refer to the instructions in the Update errors section.
If an error persists, submit a request to Kaspersky Customer Service by choosing the topic of your request.