Issue of Kaspersky Security for Mobile running on Android 7 devices
Latest update: February 17, 2023 ID: 13159
- After an Android 4.0 – 6.Х device is unlocked, the password (PIN code) will be changed for "1234". After an Android 7.0 and later device is unlocked, the password will stay the same. You can change the password in the settings of the device.
- Remote unlock of the device is impossible if the user has assigned a password manually.
- Kaspersky Security for Mobile does not support a split-screen mode.
- In the Doze mode, scheduled tasks (updates, downloads, synchronization etc.) may be delayed.
- On devices running under Android 7.1.1, when camera use is prohibited by a Kaspersky Security Center policy, in case of an attempt to use the camera, the device returns a system error instead of a notification from Kaspersky Security for Mobile. The camera stays unavailable. The issue is caused by a known issue of Android 7.1.1.
- On devices running under Android 7.1.1, if the unlock password does not meet the corporate security requirements (Conformity control), the system app may work incorrectly when one tries to change the unlock password via Kaspersky Security for Mobile. The issue is caused by a known issue of Android 7.1.1. To change the unlock password, use only the default settings app.
- In order for the Alarm feature to work correctly in the Do not disturb mode on devices with Android 7.1.1 or later, the user must manually issue the permissions for Kaspersky Security for Mobile in the Do not disturb settings on the device.
- On devices running Android 7.0, an error may occur when attempting to disable administrator rights for Kaspersky Security for Mobile in the device settings if Kaspersky Security for Mobile is prohibited from overlaying on other windows. The issue is caused by a known issue of Android 7.1.1.
- On some Samsung devices running Android 7.0 and later, if protection against the removal of Kaspersky Security for Mobile is activated and strict password requirements are set, the device blocks after an attempt to change the screen unlock settings to an unsupported format (e.g. a visual password). The issue is caused by a known issue in Samsung system software.
- On Huawei devices with the EMUI firmware running under Android 7.0, the user can hide the notification about the protection status of Kaspersky Security for Mobile. The issue is caused by Huawei firmware.