How to enable Protection against screen lockers in Kaspersky Internet Security 20
Screen lockers are malicious programs that display a banner on the screen which cannot be closed, and then demand a ransom payment to remove it. However, you will not necessarily receive an unlocking code if you do what the criminals demand.
If a ransomware banner appears on your screen, press the key combination set in the application settings. Kaspersky Internet Security will detect and remove screen-locking malware.
How to unlock the screen using a keyboard shortcut
- Press the CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F4 combination on the keyboard. If you have changed the default combination in the settings, press the key combination you have set.
- Run a full scan of your computer. See this article for instructions.
You can close the banner by using the key combination, even if protection against screen lockers is disabled.
How to set a key combination
- In the main window of Kaspersky Internet Security, click .
- If you have any difficulties opening the application, see this guide.
- Go to the Protection section and select System Watcher.
- Make sure the checkbox Detect and close screen lockers is selected.
- In the drop-down list, select a shortcut which will be used as a command for Kaspersky Internet Security to detect and remove screen-locking ransomware.
Now protection against screen lockers is enabled and configured.