Message that Windows Installer Service is busy when installing Kaspersky Free
The Windows Installer Service does not allow you to install multiple applications at the same time.
- Wait until the other application has finished installing. Try to install Kaspersky Free once again.
- Restart the operating system and try installing Kaspersky Free once again.
If this solution didn’t work, use the Process Explorer application:
- Download the ProcessExplorer.zip archive and unpack it.
- Right-click on the procexp.exe file and select Run as administrator from the shortcut menu.
- Press Ctrl+F on the keyboard, enter _MSIExecute in the search field and click Search. You will find the process that is using the Windows Installer Service.
- Kill the process and try installing Kaspersky Free once again.
- If killing the process didn’t help, find and suspend the Windows service relevant to the process. Try to install Kaspersky Free once again.
The Windows Indexing Service is often the cause of this issue. Should this be the case, use Process Explorer to find the SearchFilterHost.exe process.
Suspend the Windows Indexing Service and try installing Kaspersky Free once again.