WildfireDecryptor tool for restoring files encrypted with Wildfire Locker
Wildfire Locker ransomware encrypts files on a computer and makes them inaccessible. Use WildfireDecryptor to decrypt the files with the WFLX extension.
To avoid infection:
- Download and install Kaspersky Internet Security, which will protect your computer against screen-locking and file-encrypting malware.
- Follow the instructions in this article.
How to decrypt files with WildfireDecryptor
- Open the WildfireDecryptor.zip archive and extract the files from it using an archiving tool (for example, 7zip).
- Run WildfireDecryptor.exe on the infected computer.
- Read the Kaspersky End User License Agreement. Click Accept if you agree with its terms.
- Click Change parameters.
- In the Objects to scan section, select the drives you want to scan. To delete encrypted files after the scan, select the checkbox in the Additional options section.
- Click OK.
- Click Start scan.
- Specify the path to one of the encrypted files.
Files will be decrypted and their copies will be deleted.
- Information about the scan, click Details.
- A history of all scans performed previously, click Report in the top-right corner.
What to do if the tool did not help
If the tool didn’t help, contact Kaspersky Customer Service.