What to do if your child’s location cannot be determined
Switch to the premium version of Kaspersky Safe Kids
In the premium version, you can check the location and battery level of your child's device, view YouTube search history, and set the device use schedule.
Your child’s location cannot be determined using the GPS coordinates of their mobile device.
If your child’s location cannot be determined:
- Their device may be switched off.
- Their device is running Android 6.0 or later and has entered doze mode. See below for more details.
- Their device may not be connected to the Internet, or the geolocation may have been disabled in the settings. For instructions on how to enable location services, see the Google and Apple support websites. If you want to prevent your child from disabling geolocation in the settings of the device, see the instructions below.
Doze mode on Android devices
Doze mode is enabled on devices running Android 6.0 or later when:
- The device is not charging.
- The device has not been used for over an hour: the screen is off, the device is stationary, and there are no incoming SMS messages or calls.
To take an Android device out of doze mode, simply call it or send it an SMS message. If that doesn’t work, it means the device is switched off, not connected to the Internet, or location settings have been disabled.
How to prevent disabling geolocation
The child can disable geolocation in the Settings application or via the Quick Settings menu. To prevent either scenarios, see the instructions below.
Disabling geolocation in the Settings application
To prevent this way of disabling geolocation, block the Settings application on your child's device using Kaspersky Safe Kids. To learn how to do it:
Disabling geolocation via the Quick Settings menu
This way of disabling cannot be prohibited by Kaspersky Safe Kids, but you can hide the geolocation icon from the Quick Settings menu. To do sо:
- Drag your finger from the top of your screen downward.
The Quick Settings menu will appear.
- Drag down further to see the full menu.
- Click .
- Drag the geolocation icon into the area of hidden items.
The geolocation icon will not be shown in the Quick Settings menu. This will make it more difficult for the child to disable geolocation, but will not completely prevent from doing it: the child can return the icon to the Quick Settings menu.