How to use Kaspersky Update Utility 4.0 for Windows
Before deploying and running the utility use the recommendations from this article.
Make sure your device is connected to the internet. It is required for downloading updates and checking licenses of the applications to update.
- Download the Kaspersky Update Utility 4.0 Maintenance Release 1 for Windows archive and extract the files from it.
- Run UpdateUtility-Gui.exe.
- Carefully read the Kaspersky Security Network Statement. If you agree with the terms and conditions, select the corresponding checkbox and click Accept.
- In the main window of Kaspersky Update Utility for Windows, click Applications.
- Find the group of applications and select the versions of the Kaspersky applications that you would like to update. Click OK.
- Click Settings.
- Go to Download and specify the folder to save the updates.
- Specify the language versions for updates to download, if necessary. For example, if you are downloading updates for Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows version 11.7, you can use the language versions from the list below:
- en — English
- ru — Russian
- de — Deutsch
- fr — Français
- ja — 日本語 (日本)
- pl — Polski (Polska)
- it — Italiano
- cs — Čeština (Česká republika)
- es — Español (España)
- es-mx — Español (México)
- hu — Magyar (Magyarország)
- nl — Nederlands (Nederland)
- pt-br — Português (Brasil)
- pt — Português (Portugal)
- ro — Română (România)
- vi — Tiếng Việt (Việt Nam)
- tr — Türkçe (Türkiye)
- ko — 한국어 (대한민국)
- zh-Hans — 简体中文
- zh-Hant — 繁體中文
- ar — (العربية (الإمارات العربية المتحدة
- Separate the languages with a semicolon (for example: en; de; fr) and click OK.
- Click Start and wait for the download to complete.
Updates for selected applications will be downloaded to the folder you have specified. Update the applications using the downloaded files. See the guide below.
How to use the downloaded files to update Kaspersky applications
In your Kaspersky application, change the update source to the folder with the updates you have downloaded with Kaspersky Update Utility. To update the applications without internet connection, share the updates folder through the local network or copy it to a removable drive.
How to update Kaspersky applications through the local network
- Give network access to the Updates folder.
- In the settings of your Kaspersky application, specify the shared Updates folder as an update source.
How to update Kaspersky applications using a removable media
- Copy the Updates folder to the removable drive.
- Insert the removable drive into the computer on which the update is required.
- In the settings of your Kaspersky application, specify the Updates folder on the removable drive as an update source.