How to scan files and folders for threats with Kaspersky Security 10 for Windows Server from the context menu
This article concerns:
- Kaspersky Security 10.1.2 for Windows Server
- Kaspersky Security 10.1.1 for Windows Server
To scan files and folders for threats from the context menu:
- Download the archive and extract the files from it.
- Move the file scan.cmd to the C:\Temp folder.
- Add the data from the shell_scan.reg file to the registry.
From now on, when you right-click a drive, a folder or a file in Windows Explorer, the Scan with Kaspersky Security option will be available. When you click it, the kavshell scan command will be executed.
If you want to move scan.cmd to any other folder or rename the menu item, edit the shell_scan.reg file and add this data to the registry.