Kaspersky Security 10 for Windows Server critical fix KB13742
Critical fix KB13742 for Kaspersky Security 10 for Windows Server (version 10.0.0.486) was released on June 28, 2017:
- For 64-bit operating systems: critical_fix_product_core_16(kb13742)_x64.zip
- For 32-bit operating systems: critical_fix_product_core_16(kb13742)_x86.zip
The patch includes all the fixes from previous patches (KB13463, KB13081, KB13017, KB13047, KB13086, KB12644, KB12662), fixes for new known issues, as well as improvements in the application’s functionality.
Single key activation support for physical and virtual environment protection solutions
The KB13742 patch allows you to activate solutions for the protection of physical and virtual environments with a single key or activation code.
After the KB13742 patch is applied, Kaspersky Security 10 for Windows Server can be activated with a single key or with an activation code for Kaspersky Security for Virtualization. The support of single activation scheme simplifies the usage of necessary anti-virus solutions during migration from between physical and virtual environments, as well as when working in hybrid infrastructures.
After activating Kaspersky Security 10 for Windows Server with a Kaspersky Security for Virtualization key or activation code, all functions are available except:
- Network attached storages (the RPC-Attached Storage Protection and the ICAP-Attached Storage Protection tasks)
- The Default Deny component (the Applications Launch Control task)
To support the functionality of the single activation scheme, please install the management plug-in update before installing the KB13742 critical fix:
- Russian localization — klcfginst_13742_ru.zip
- English localization — klcfginst_13742_en.zip
- French localization — klcfginst_13742_fr.zip
- German localization — klcfginst_13742_de.zip
Improvement of protection algorithms for the Anti-Cryptor component
Once the KB13742 fix has been installed, the heuristic analyzer of the Anti-Cryptor component recognizes a wider range of formats. This improvement might cause an increase in the number of false positives. Should false positives occur, we advise you to do the following:
- Collect diagnostic data for the false positives (traces) and send them to the Kaspersky Lab Technical Support team.
- Add these files to the list of exclusions in the Anti-Cryptor task.
- Fixed the algorithm for processing network errors In the current version, the application does not restore the connection to the ICAP-server should any network failures occur. Anti-virus protection for the ICAP-storage stops until the ICAP Attached Storage Protection Task is restarted manually. Once the KB13742 fix is applied, the application automatically recovers the interrupted ICAP connection and continues to provide anti-virus protection as normal.
- Fixed the issue with the events processing stream In the current version of the application, the events processing stream might stop working should there be any file processing errors. This leads to a buildup of suspended file operations in the system and a consequent reduction in performance.
- Fixed the issue with activating the application via the Administration Server In the current version of the application, errors might occur when attempting to activate the application on a group of protected servers via Kaspersky Security Center. Such an error might occur if the Kaspersky Security Center repository contains multiple keys or activation codes for different applications. Should an error arise, Kaspersky Security 10 for Windows Server registers “#1182 Unspecified error” in the Windows Event Log.
To fix these errors, we recommend that you download and install the KB13742 critical fix.
Due to technical reasons a private fix cannot be exposed to the full cycle of tests that ensure software quality. AO Kaspersky Lab explicitly disclaims any guarantees regarding both features and quality of a private fix. If not explicitly stated otherwise, private fixes are subject to the End-User License Agreement (EULA) under which the respective Kaspersky Lab product is licensed, in particular the following exclusion and limitation of liability notice. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL KASPERSKY LAB (THE RIGHTHOLDER) OR ITS PARTNERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES AND/OR DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS OR INFORMATION, FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR OTHER PROPERTY DAMAGE) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF THE RIGHTHOLDER AND/OR ANY PARTNER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BY DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING THIS SOFTWARE THE USER CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE HAS READ THESE NOTICES, THE RELEVANT EULA, AND IS AWARE OF THE POSSIBLE RISKS.
If the private fix did not help, contact technical support.