How to install Kaspersky Small Office Security
- Check if your computer meets the system requirements for Kaspersky Small Office Security. For more information, see Online Help.
- Check whether any applications installed on your computer are incompatible with Kaspersky Small Office Security. We recommend removing all incompatible software to ensure that Kaspersky Small Office Security works correctly.
- Close all running applications.
How to install Kaspersky Small Office Security from the installer
- Download the Kaspersky Small Office Security installation package from the Kaspersky website, or via the link in the email you received from the online store.
- Run the installer.
- Wait until the wizard finds the latest version of the application or click Skip to install the current version.
- Click Continue.
- Carefully read through the End User License Agreement. If you agree with the terms and conditions, click Accept.
If the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement are not accepted, the program will not be installed.
- Read the Kaspersky Security Network Statement carefully. If you agree with the terms and conditions, click Accept.
If you do not want to participate in the Kaspersky Security Network program, click Decline.
- Read the message about possible issues during the installation and click Install.
- Wait for the installation to complete. Make sure that all parameters are enabled in the Recommended window, and click Apply.
- Click Done.
Kaspersky Small Office Security has now been installed.
How to install Kaspersky Small Office Security from the command line
- Download the installer from the Kaspersky website or via the link in the email you received from the online store.
- Open the command line with administrator’s rights. See this article for instructions.
- Enter the address of the installer and the command to start the installation with the desired parameters and properties. The installation parameters and properties are described below.
- Follow the instructions in the Setup Wizard.
Non-interactive (silent) installation mode. Dialog boxes are not displayed during installation.
This command applies only to a full installation file with a name like KSOS220.127.116.111_en-US_full.exe.
Date of birth. You cannot install the application if you are under 16 years of age.
This parameter is:
|/l||Select the language used when installing the multi-language version.||ksos21.exe /len-us|
|/t||The folder where the installation log will be saved.||ksos21.exe /tC:\KasperskyLab|
|/p<option>=<value>||Specifies installation properties.||ksos21.exe /pALLOWREBOOT=1 /pSKIPPRODUCTCHECK=1|
|/h||Opens the help dialog box.||ksos21.exe /h|
|/x||Product removal||ksos21.exe /x|
Most important installation properties
|ACTIVATIONCODE=<value>||Enter the activation code.|
|AGREETOEULA=1||Confirms your consent to the End User License Agreement.|
|JOINKSN_ENHANCE_PROTECTION=1||Confirms your consent to provide your personal data for the purposes of improving product functionality.|
|JOINKSN_MARKETING=1||Confirms your consent to provide your personal data for marketing purposes.|
|INSTALLDIR=<value>||Specify the installation folder. This parameter can only be used for Kaspersky Small Office Security.||ksos21.exe /p"INSTALLDIR=C:\Documents and Settings\ksos21"|
|KLPASSWD=<value>||Password protect certain product features. If the value of the KLPASSWDAREA parameter is not set, the default password scope is used:
Setting the administrator password and its scope is not supported.
|KLPASSWDAREA=[SET|EXIT|UNINST]||Defines the scope of the password specified by the KLPASSWD parameter:
The option may have multiple values; in such case, the values are separated with a semicolon.
|SELFPROTECTION=1||Enable the product's Self-Defense during installation.||ksos21.exe /pSELFPROTECTION=1|
|ALLOWREBOOT=1||Allow the computer to reboot if necessary.||ksos21.exe /pALLOWREBOOT=1|
|SKIPPRODUCTCHECK=1||Skips the search for applications that are incompatible with Kaspersky Small Office Security.
|-oembackupmode||Don't start the product after installation if Windows has been booted in audit mode.||ksos21.exe /s -oembackupmode|
By using the SKIPPRODUCTCHECK=1 parameter, you assume responsibility for the possible consequences of the Kaspersky Small Office Security incompatibility with other applications.
The SKIPPRODUCTCHECK=1 parameter only allows you to ignore those applications that should be removed manually.
Example of a command which allows the computer to restart and skips the incompatible software check:
How to use the application on multiple devices
When purchasing a license for multiple computers:
- Install Kaspersky Small Office Security on all the computers.
- Activate Kaspersky Small Office Security on all the computers with the same activation code. For instructions, see Online Help.
What to do in case of installation errors
You can encounter errors while installing Kaspersky Small Office Security. See the Installation errors section for troubleshooting guides.