Error “Cannot connect to the application installation source”
- The PC has a firewall installed that blocks the Internet connection which is required for installation.
- The operating system has incorrect proxy server settings entered.
- Kaspersky servers are temporarily unavailable due to maintenance.
- Try to install the application again later (in an hour or so).
- If you have a firewall installed on your computer, make sure that it doesn’t block the application’s Internet connection. See this article for more information.
- Reset proxy server settings in the operating system. For instructions, see this article.
- Change the DNS address in the network settings. See this article for instructions.
- Reset the network settings. For instructions, see this article.
- Try to connect to the Internet using your mobile phone. See the instructions for Android and iOS.
What to do if the error persists
If the issue persists, submit a request to Kaspersky technical support by choosing the topic of your request.
Technical support for Kaspersky Free is not provided. You can ask a question about your issue on our Forum or look it up in the existing topics.
If you want full technical support, buy and install a supported Kaspersky application for home.