"Secure connection is temporarily unavailable" message in Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection
The "Secure connection is temporarily unavailable" message appears when establishing secure connection in Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection.
- Restart the application. See the guide below.
- If restarting the application does not solve the issue, restart your computer.
- Reset browser settings. See the guide below.
Secure connection is unavailable in the countries where the use of VPN is restricted by law. For the list of such countries, see this article.
What to do if the issue persists
Try waiting for an hour and relaunching Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection afterwards. If the application is still unable to establish secure connection, submit a request to Kaspersky technical support by choosing the topic and filling out the form.
How to restart the application
- Right-click on the Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection icon in the notification area. If the application icon is hidden from the notification area, click the Show hidden icons arrow first.
- Select Exit from the shortcut menu.
- Reopen Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection. See this article for instructions.
Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection will restart. Try using the Secure Connection feature again.
How to reset browser settings
The instruction below resets settings across all browsers. If settings of your browser haven't been changed after restart, try looking up a specific guide on your browser vendor's website.
- In the lower-left corner of your Desktop, search for Control Panel. Click the relevant result.
- Select Internet Options.
- Go to the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Click Reset.
- Restart your computer.