How to scan old emails in Kaspersky Security 9.x for Microsoft Exchange Servers after a new mail storage has been connected
This article refers to:
- Kaspersky Security 9.2 for Microsoft Exchange Servers Maintenance Release 2 (version 220.127.116.11);
- Kaspersky Security 9.1 for Microsoft Exchange Servers Maintenance Release 1 (version 18.104.22.168);
- Kaspersky Security 9.0 for Microsoft Exchange Servers (version 22.214.171.124).
After adding a new mail storage to the protection scope, Kaspersky Security 9.x for Microsoft Exchange Servers will scan all messages that have been received no earlier than 24 hours ago. To scan older messages on the Microsoft Exchange 2010 server, you need to edit some system registry entries:
- In the node HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\VirusScan, create a new value:
- Type – DWORD
- Name – OnAccessScanningRollingLowerAgeLimit
- Data – FFFFFFFF
- To apply the new scan parameters, change the following value in the same node:
- Type – DWORD
- Name – ReloadNow
- New data – 1
- Make sure that the ReloadNow value has changed into 0 some minutes later (the exact time depends on hardware properties of the computer with Exchange server installed). This will indicate that the changes have been successfully applied and old messages are now scanned.
If you need to connect another mail storage to scan old messages, repeat the steps 2 and 3.
The above-mentioned changes to the system registry will not affect scanning new emails.