How to diagnose issues with iOS MDM Server in Kaspersky Security Center 13
This article concerns:
- Kaspersky Security Center 13.1 (version 184.108.40.20624)
- Kaspersky Security Center 13 (version 220.127.116.1147)
If you encounter problems when using the iOS MDM Server:
- Check APNs service for accessibility. See the guide below.
- Check the certificates of the iOS MDM Server for accuracy. See the guide below.
- Create an event selection in the Administration Console. Check the events for errors and incomplete commands from the iOS MDM Server. To learn how to create the event selection, see Online Help. When creating the selection, go to the Events tab and select iOS MDM Server from the Application drop-down list.
- Check the trace files of the iOS MDM Server. Internal services, such as the RPC service and web service, must be running successfully. See the guide below.
How to check the APNs service for accessibility
Run the following commands from the Telnet utility:
From the iOS MDM Server side:
$ telnet gateway.push.apple.com 2195
From the iOS MDM device side (the check must be performed from the network on which the device is located):
$ telnet 1-courier.push.apple.com 5223
If the commands were executed successfully, you will see an empty screen:
How to check the certificates of the iOS MDM Server for accuracy
Run the command from the OpenSSL utility:
$ openssl s_client -connect <iOS MDM server address>:<port>
The successful result:
i:/CN=Kaspersky iOS MDM Server CA
How to check the trace files of the iOS MDM Server
- Collect the trace files of the iOS MDM Server. For instructions, see this article.
- Compare the collected traces with the examples below.
Example of successful tracing:
I1117 20:58:39.050226 7984] [RPC]: Starting rpc service...
I1117 20:58:39.081428 7984] [RPC]: Rpc service started
I1117 20:58:39.081428 3724] [WEB]: Starting web service...
I1117 20:58:39.455832 3724] [WEB]: Starting thread [T000]
I1117 20:58:39.455832 3724] [WEB]: Starting thread [T001]
I1117 20:58:39.455832 3724] [WEB]: Starting thread [T099]
Example of tracing with an occupied socket:
Error 28 fault: SOAP-ENV:Server [no subcode] "Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted."
Detail: [no detail]
[WEB]: Web service terminated