Database size exceeds the limit in Kaspersky Security Center
This article concerns:
- Kaspersky Security Center 13.2 (version 220.127.116.111)
- Kaspersky Security Center 13 (version 18.104.22.16847)
- Kaspersky Security Center 12 (version 22.214.171.12434)
- Kaspersky Security Center 11 (version 126.96.36.1991)
The size of the SQL Server Express (KAV.mdf) database that is used by Kaspersky Security Center exceeds the 10 GB limit.
We recommend that you check whether the installed database is suitable for your organization. To do so, follow the recommendations below.
- For instructions on selecting a database, see this documentation page.
- For instructions on calculating the database space, see this documentation page.
If all the recommendations are followed:
- Make sure that there is enough space on the disk where the database is located and that the database size does not exceed the limit.
- Disable all unnecessary events in the policies for all the managed applications. For instructions, see the documentation.
- Limit the amount of the events stored in the database. For instructions, see the documentation.
- Delete unnecessary events using the Administration Console. For instructions, see the documentation.
If the Administration Server does not run because of the database size limit:
- Check if you have a recent backup copy of the Administration Server.
- Remove the Administration Server.
- Reinstall the Administration Server.
- Restore data from the backup using the klbackup tool. For instructions, see the documentation.
- Disable and delete unnecessary events.
What to do if the issue persists
If the issue persists, find which of the database tables takes a lot of space. To do so:
- Download the archive all_tables_sizes.zip.
- Extract the files into a folder on the Administration Server, for example, C:\TEMP\All_tables.
- Run start.cmd from the command line under the user account with permissions to access SQL database.
- Run the command line with administrator's permissions and execute the following commands:
Files with the XML extension will be created in the designated folder.
Add the created files to the archive and submit a request to Kaspersky technical support via Kaspersky CompanyAccount. Include a detailed description of your issue. Before sending a request, read the required information in the Knowledge Base section.