Cannot initialize the snap-in error in the MMC console
This article concerns:
- Kaspersky Security Center 13.2 (version 184.108.40.2061)
- Kaspersky Security Center 13.1 (version 220.127.116.1124)
- Kaspersky Security Center 13 (version 18.104.22.16847)
- Kaspersky Security Center 12 (version 22.214.171.12434)
- Kaspersky Security Center 11 (version 126.96.36.1991)
When starting the Management console or when switching between the groups of managed computers, the "MMC cannot initialize the snap-in" error may occur:
This issue is related to how the Management console works. The solution described in this article fixes the issue temporarily but it can appear again in the future.
To fix the issue, try the following:
- Close Kaspersky Security Center.
- Delete the Kaspersky Security Center file with no extension from the folder:
If the file is not present in the folder, use the standard search to find it.
Information about managed computers, groups, tasks and policies will be saved.
What to do if the issue persists
If the issue persists, contact the operating system manufacturer.