How to create trace files for the Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows management plug-in in Kaspersky Security Center
This article concerns:
Kaspersky technical support may request a trace file in order to troubleshoot issues with the management plug-in for Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11 for Windows.
To create a trace file for the management plug-in:
- Download the archive on the computer with the Administration Console installed:
- If Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11 for Windows is installed on the computer with the Administration Console, make sure that Self-Defense is disabled in the application.
- Unpack the archive and run the file:
- For 32-bit operating systems: Trace_ON_x32.reg
- For 64-bit operating systems: Trace_ON_x64.reg
- Restart the Administration Console.
- Reproduce the situation in which the issue with the application management plug-in arose.
- Disable tracing. To do so, run the following file from the archive:
- For 32-bit operating systems: Trace_OFF_x32.reg
- For 64-bit operating systems: Trace_OFF_x64.reg
- Send the resulting file to Kaspersky technical support. Please include a detailed description of the issue.
Management plug-in trace files will be created in the %ProgramData%/Kaspersky Lab folder and have the following format:
KES.Version number_Date of creation_Time of creation_PID.AdminGUI.dll.log.enc1