How to use the klbackup tool to back up the Kaspersky Security Center Administration Server database
- Kaspersky Security Center 13.2 (version 22.214.171.1241)
- Kaspersky Security Center 13.1 (version 126.96.36.19924)
- Kaspersky Security Center 13 (version 188.8.131.5247)
- Kaspersky Security Center 12 (version 184.108.40.20634)
- Kaspersky Security Center 11 (version 220.127.116.111b)
By backing up the Administration Server database, you are able to restore data when moving the database to a different computer or when switching to a new version of Kaspersky Security Center.
We recommend creating regular backups.
The klbackup backup tool is designed for backing up and restoring the Administration Server database. The following data is saved when a backup is performed:
- The Administration Server database (policies, tasks, application settings, events saved on the Administration Server).
- Configuration information about the structure of the logical network and managed computers.
- The repository of remote installation packages (the contents of the Packages folder).
- The Administration Server certificate.
The klbackup tool is located in the Kaspersky Security Center installation folder. By default, C:\Program Files(x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Security Center.
Kaspersky Security Center version that was used for restoring Administration Server databases should not be earlier than the version used when the backup copy was created. This also concerns already installed patches.
The Administration Server cannot be accessed while the backup process is running.
After restoring from backup SIEM connection settings will not be restored. Port 14000 will be closed.
How to run the tool from the command line
To back up Administration Server data on the computer where the Administration Server is installed, run the klbackup tool from the command prompt with the necessary set of parameters.The klbackup tool is located in the Kaspersky Security Center installation folder. By default, C:\Program Files(x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Security Center.
Syntax for the tool
klbackup [-logfile <filename>] -path BACKUP_PATH [-use_ts]|[-restore] [-password <password>]
If you don’t specify the [-password <password>] parameter, the tool will display a dialog box that prompts you to enter it.
Description of the parameters
|Save a log about the Administration server data backup.|
|-path BACKUP_PATH||Save information in the BACKUP_PATH folder. Both the Administration Server and the SQL server on which the database is located must be able to write to this folder. This parameter is mandatory.
|-use_ts||Save information to a subfolder along the BACKUP_PATH path with a name containing the date and time of the current operation in the klbackup format of YYYY-MM-DD # MM-HH-SS.
If the parameter isn’t specified, information will be saved in the root of the BACKUP_PATH folder. Any attempt to save information to a folder that already contains a backup copy will fail.
The -use_ts parameter allows you to maintain an Administration Server data archive. For example, if the -path parameter specifies the folder C:\KLBackups, information about the state of the Administration Server as of October 19, 2010 at 11:30:18 AM will be saved in the folder klbackup 2010-10-19 # 11-30-18.
|-restore||Recover Administration Server data from the BACKUP_PATH folder. If this parameter is not specified, data will be backed up from the BACKUP_PATH folder.|
Save the Administration Server certificate. Use the password specified in the -password parameter to encrypt and decrypt the certificate.
A forgotten password cannot be recovered and you will be unable to restore the certificate without it.
- Backing up the Administration Server database
klbackup -logfile E:\Backup\log.txt -path E:\Backup -use_ts -password 12345
A backup copy of the Administration Server database will be created along the path E:\Backup in a subfolder with a name containing the date and time of the backup. The Administration Server certificate will be saved with the password 12345 and log about the operation will be created.
- Restoring data from a backup
klbackup -logfile E:\Backup\log.txt -path E:\Backup -restore -password 12345
A backup copy of the Administration Server database will be restored from the E:\Backup folder, along with the Administration Server certificate with the password 12345. A log about the operation will be created.
How to use the tool in interactive mode
- Go to the Kaspersky Security Center installation folder. By default, C:\Program Files(x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Security Center\.
- Find and launch the klbackup tool.
- Select the necessary operating mode and click Next.
To backup or restore just the Administration Server certificate, select the Restore or backup Administration Server certificate only checkbox.
- Specify the path to the backup copy and enter the password.
- Wait for the operation to complete.
The Administration Server database will be backed up or restored.