Network Agent installation package limitations in Kaspersky Security Center 10
The article concerns the following versions of Kaspersky Security Center 10:
- Service Pack 3 (version 10.5.1781.0)
- Service Pack 2 Maintenance Release 1 (version 10.4.343)
The MSI file which is included into the installation package of the Network Agent is named Kaspersky Network Agent.msi.
Due to Microsoft Windows Installer limitations, the MSI file cannot be renamed. This operation may cause the following issues:
- Installation error. For example, Error 1316. The specified account already exists in the application installation log.
- Performance issues. For the Network Agent installed from the renamed MSI file, installation of the later version on top of the older one is not supported.
If you have installed the Network Agent from the renamed MSI file, do the following:
- Remove the Network Agent.
- Install the application from the regular installation package.