Deployment of OS images in Kaspersky Security Center 10
This article concerns Kaspersky Security Center 10:
- Service Pack 3 (version 10.5.1781.0)
- Service Pack 2 Maintenance Release 1 (version 10.4.343.0)
An OS image is deployed on devices using a remote installation task. The deployment mechanism is as follows:
- The WinPE image and required utilities are sent to the devices specified.
- Services used to establish a connection with the Administration Server are registered on the devices.
- The device gets ready to reboot.
After rebooting, the device starts under WinPE. At that moment, the OS image is deployed.
Deployment of an OS image using a PXE server
With a PXE server, an OS image can be deployed on any device if its network card and BIOS support booting under the PXE environment.
Any device with Network Agent installed can be used as a PXE server. PXE and DCHP servers both use the ports 67 and 68, and should therefore not be used on the same device. There must also be no other PXE servers in one broadcasting segment. The device receives information about the PXE server in its network segment over the DHCP protocol when booting. To boot the computer, WinPE is sent from the PXE server.
For more information about creating and deploying OS images, see the Online Help page.