Files required for troubleshooting remote installation issues in Kaspersky Security Center
This article concerns:
- Kaspersky Security Center 13 (version 188.8.131.5247)
- Kaspersky Security Center 12 (version 184.108.40.20634)
- Kaspersky Security Center 11 (version 220.127.116.111)
To troubleshoot issues that may occur during remote installation of Kaspersky Endpoint Security or other Kaspersky applications via Kaspersky Security Center, technical support engineers may require files with additional information.
Enable tracing before running the remote installation task. If there is no problem with reproducing the issue, enable tracing even before creating the remote installation task. The required files:
- Remote installation log from the computer experiencing issues, exported in a TXT file. Use the guide below to get this file.
- Administration Server trace file. The file named $klserver-1093.log.
- Remote installer trace file from the Administration server and from the Update agent (in case you have selected installation from a shared folder). The file named $klwinstman.log.
- Network agent trace file from the computer experiencing issues (in case you have selected installation via Network agent or if Network agent suddenly halts during installation). The file named $klnagent-1103.log.
- Network agent trace file from the Update agent of the computer with issues. The file named $klnagent-1103.log.
- Temporary installation files. Files on the host experiencing issues with names starting in $klr*.* in the folder indicated as TEMP in the system variables. The default folder is %WINDIR%\Temp.
- Installation logs from the computer with issues.
- The folder named KAV REMOTE Installation. It is created on the computer experiencing issues in the folder indicated as the TEMP parameter in the system variables. The default folder is %WINDIR%\Temp.
How to get the remote installation log in Kaspersky Security Center
- Open the Tasks node. Select the Install application remotely task and click View results.
- A window with the results will appear. Right-click the needed computer and select Export from the context menu.
- Follow the Wizard's instructions to export data to a TXT file.
The remote installation log will be saved in the TXT format.