How to configure compliance rules for checking the devices for root permissions
Android users with root permissions have total control over the device and are allowed to perform actions that may pose risk:
- Edit or delete system files.
- Install applications from unverified sources.
Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Android can detect root permissions on the device and submit the information to Kaspersky Security Center 10. In the Kaspersky Security 10 for Mobile policy, you can configure compliance control over mobile devices to check them for root permissions.
How to configure Compliance Control
- Open Kaspersky Security Center 10.
- Go to Policies.
- Open the properties of the Kaspersky Security 10 for Mobile policy.
- Go to Compliance Control. Click Add.
- Select Device has been rooted. Click Next.
- Click Add. Set the time to rectification and the action applied after the time expires.
- Click OK.