How to boot under Kaspersky Rescue Disk 18
Do you want to prevent infections? Install Kaspersky Internet Security
In addition to antivirus protection, Kaspersky Internet Security provides protection of network connection, web camera, online payments, children from unwanted information, as well as the ability to block advertising banners, prevent data collection, search and install updates, delete unused applications.
To boot under Kaspersky Rescue Disk:
- Download the Kaspersky Rescue Disk image.
- Write the Kaspersky Rescue Disk image to a USB drive or CD/DVD disk. For instructions, see this article.
- Connect the USB device to your computer or insert the CD/DVD drive.
- Set up booting from the USB media or CD/DVD drive. See the guide below.
- Boot the computer under Kaspersky Rescue Disk. See the guide below.
- Update antivirus databases of Kaspersky Rescue Disk. For instructions, see this article.
- Run a scan of your computer. For instructions, see this article.
How to set up booting from the USB media or CD/DVD drive
At the beginning of computer startup, options of entering the Boot Menu and BIOS are displayed.
To select booting from USB or CD/DVD:
- Enter the BIOS Boot Menu by clicking F11 or F12.
- Select Removable Devices or CD-ROM Drive and press Enter.
If you cannot enter the Boot Menu, change the booting priority in the BIOS settings:
- Open the BIOS settings by pressing Delete or F2.
- Select the Boot tab.
- Move Removable Devices or CD-ROM Drive to the top of the list. Save the changes.
On some devices, you may need to use F1, F8, F10 or one of the following key combinations:
If the keyboard or mouse do not work after booting Windows, check if they are supported in BIOS.
How to boot under Kaspersky Rescue Disk 2018
- Press Esc when the message “Press Esc to load Kaspersky Rescue Disk” appears.
- Select the language for the graphical interface and press Enter.
- Select the Kaspersky Rescue Disk mode:
- Kaspersky Rescue Disk. Graphic mode (recommended). In this mode, you can use Kaspersky Rescue Disk through the graphic user interface.
- Kaspersky Rescue Disk. Limited graphic mode. Use this mode in case you experiende problems with the full graphic mode.
- Press Enter and wait for the subsystem to load.
If Kaspersky Rescue Disk does not load in the graphic mode or limited graphic mode, collect the Hardware info log.