Error 2771 when installing a Kaspersky application
When installing a Kaspersky application, you may get the error 2771. The error is caused by the previous version of a Kaspersky application still installed on your computer. The previous version of the application has to be deleted first.
Removing the application with Windows OS tools
- Start the setup wizard of the application. For instructions, see this article.
- Follow the instructions in the setup wizard window to fully remove the application.
- Restart your computer.
- Download the latest version of the program from the Kaspersky website and retry the installation.
Removing the application with the kavremover tool
If the issue persists, use the kavremover utility. All information concerning the license will be deleted and you will need to reactivate your application.
What to do if the solution didn't help
If the solution didn't work, submit a request with a detailed description of the issue to Kaspersky technical support:
- Through My Kaspersky in case you use Kaspersky Internet Security, Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Kaspersky Total Security, and Kaspersky Security Cloud. See the Online Help page for instructions.
- Through Kaspersky Small Office Security Management Console in case you use Kaspersky Small Office Security. See the Online Help page for instructions.