How to install Kaspersky Free
Download Kaspersky Free
To do so, download the installer and follow the instructions in this article.
- Make sure your computer meets the system requirements for Kaspersky Free.
- Check whether any applications installed on your computer are incompatible with Kaspersky Free. We recommend removing all incompatible software to ensure that Kaspersky Free works correctly.
- Close all running applications.
How to install Kaspersky Free
- Download the Kaspersky Free installer from the Kaspersky website.
- Run the installer.
- On the welcome screen, click Continue.
- Read the End User License Agreement carefully. Select the checkboxes and click Accept if you agree to the terms.
The application will not install if you do not accept the End User License Agreement.
- Read the Kaspersky Security Network Statement carefully. If you agree with all the terms, click Accept and then click Confirm in the dialog box that appears.
If you don’t want to participate in the Kaspersky Security Network, click Decline.
- Read the Marketing Statement carefully. Click Accept if you agree to the terms.
- Click Confirm in the dialog box that appears.
- Along with Kaspersky Security Cloud, Kaspersky Secure Connection will be installed to protect your connection to the Internet. Click Install.
- Wait for the installation to complete. Make sure the recommended settings are enabled and click Apply.
- Click Done.
How to install Kaspersky Free from the command line
- Download the installer from the Kaspersky website.
- Open the command line as an administrator. See this article for instructions.
- Enter the address of the installer and the command to start the installation with the parameters and properties you require. The parameters and properties are described below.
- Follow the instructions in the Setup Wizard.
|/s||Non-interactive (silent) installation mode. Dialog boxes are not displayed during installation.||kfa20.exe /s|
Date of birth. You cannot install the application if you are under 16 years of age.
This parameter is:
|/l||Select the language used when installing the multi-language version.||kfa20.exe /len-us|
|/t||The folder where the installation log will be saved.||kfa20.exe /tC:\KasperskyLab|
|/p<option>=<value>||Specifies an installation property.||kfa20.exe /pALLOWREBOOT=1 /pSKIPPRODUCTCHECK=1|
|/h||Opens the help dialog box.||kfa20.exe /h|
|/x||Product removal||kfa20.exe /x|
Most important installation properties
|ACTIVATIONCODE=<value>||Enter the activation code.|
|AGREETOEULA=1||Confirms your consent to the End User License Agreement.|
|JOINKSN_ENHANCE_PROTECTION=1||Confirms your consent to provide your personal data for the purposes of improving product functionality.|
|JOINKSN_MARKETING=1||Confirms your consent to provide your personal data for marketing purposes.|
|INSTALLDIR=<value>||Specify the installation folder. This parameter can only be used for Kaspersky Internet Security.||kfa20.exe /p"INSTALLDIR=C:\Documents and Settings\kfa20"|
|KLPASSWD=<value>||Password protect certain product features. If the value of the KLPASSWDAREA parameter is not set, the default password scope is used:
|KLPASSWDAREA=[SET|EXIT|UNINST]||defines the scope of the password specified by the KLPASSWD parameter:
The option may have multiple values, in which case they should be separated with a semicolon.
|SELFPROTECTION=1||Enable the product's Self-Defense during installation.||kfa20.exe /pSELFPROTECTION=1|
|ALLOWREBOOT=1||Allow the computer to reboot if necessary.||kfa20.exe /pALLOWREBOOT=1|
|SKIPPRODUCTCHECK=1||Skips the search for applications that are incompatible with Kaspersky Free.
|-oembackupmode||Don't start the product after installation if Windows has been booted in audit mode.||kfa20.exe /s -oembackupmode|
By using the SKIPPRODUCTCHECK=1 parameter, you assume responsibility for the possible consequences of the Kaspersky Lab product's incompatibility with other applications.
The SKIPPRODUCTCHECK=1 parameter only allows you to ignore those applications that should be removed manually.
Example of a command which allows the computer to restart and skips the incompatible software check:
- Perform a database update in Kaspersky Free.
- Check your computer’s protection status in the main window of the application.
- Run a full scan of the computer.