How to install Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11 for Mac
For information concerning versions not listed above, please refer to a corresponding documentation section.
How to install locally
- Run the installation DMG package on a local device.
- Click Install Kaspersky Endpoint Security.
- Select the installation mode.
- For standard installation, click Install.
For custom installation, click Customize. Select the components to be installed and click Continue.
- Carefully read through Kaspersky Security Network Statement. If you agree to the terms, click Accept.
- A confirmation window will appear. Click Confirm.
- Enter login and password of the administrator account and click OK.
- Wait for the installation to complete and then click Finish.
Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11 for Mac will be installed on a local device.
After the installation, the program will prompt you to activate trial version, use an activation code or purchase a license in the online store. Select the suitable option. For detailed instructions on how to activate Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11 for Mac, see this article.
In case the "System extension blocked" error message appears during the installation, click OK, go to Security & Privacy and enable the kernel extension in order to complete the installation. For instructions, see this article.
Preparing for remote installation
Before remote installation of Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11.2.0 for Mac, download the archive corresponding to your architecture:
- For ARM architecture (M1) — download KES_11.2_ARM_profile.zip, extract and apply the configuration profile KES_11.2_ARM_profile.mobileconfig.
- For 64-bit systems — download KES_11_profile.zip, extract and apply the configuration profile KES_11_profile.mobileconfig through the JAMF administration tool. This profile must also be used before the remote installation of Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11.1.0 for Mac.
Before installing Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Mac remotely, we recommend that you download the KES_profile.zip archive and apply the KES_profile.mobileconfig configuration profile using the MacOS remote management tools. This will allow the application to get:
- Permission to install kernel extensions for successful application installation
- Full Disk Access for correct work of the File Threat Protection
How to install remotely using Apple Remote Desktop
- On a local device, go to System Preferences → Sharing.
- Select the Remote Management check box.
- On a device that will be used as a server, install Apple Remote Desktop. For instructions, see Apple website.
- Run the installation DMG package.
- Open Apple Remote Desktop.
- Click Scanner and select the devices to install Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11 for Mac.
- Then click Install.
- Enter login and password of the administrator account and click Add.
- Click and select the installation package of Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11 for Mac, which is located on the mounted dmg image.
- Click Install.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
The task status will change to Succeeded. Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11 for Mac will be installed.
How to install remotely using Kaspersky Security Center 11
- Create an installation package for Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11 for Mac. For instructions, see this article.
- Open the context menu of the created package and select Install application.
- Select the installation mode.
- Select a device group or individual devices. Click Next.
- Define the remote installation task settings. Click Next.
- Add a new key or select an existing one. Specify whether the key will be added to the installation package and click Next.
- Follow the steps of the remote installation wizard.
- Create the remote installation task and click Finish.
Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11 for Mac will be installed.