How to get installation or removal logs of Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows
This article concerns Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows:
- Service Pack 2 Maintenance Release 4 (version 10.3.3.304)
- Service Pack 2 Maintenance Release 3 (version 10.3.3.275)
- Service Pack 2 Maintenance Release 2 (version 10.3.0.6294)
- Service Pack 2 Maintenance Release 1 (version 10.3.0.6294)
- Service Pack 2 (version 10.3.0.6294)
- Service Pack 1 Maintenance Release 4 (version 10.2.6.3733)
When you may need it
In case of installation or removal issues in Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows, technical support engineer may ask you to send an installation or removal log file for troubleshooting.
Where to find the log files
Log files are generated automatically and stored in the %temp% folder:
- For Microsoft Windows XP / Windows Server 2003 - %USERPROFILE%\LocalSettings\Temp
- For Microsoft Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows Server 2008 R2 - %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp
Where %USERPROFILE% stands for the profile folder of the user performing installation or removal.
During remote installation or removal, the logs are saved to the %windir%\temp folder.
Formats of the log files
If you install the application by running the setup.exe file, the %temp% folder will contain the following files:
If you install or remove the application using the Kes10win_x86.msi or Kes10win_x64.msi, the %temp% folder will contain the following files:
What to do with the log files
Attach the log files to your request to Technical Support.
If you experience problems with remote installation or removal of the application, send a request to Technical Support and attach the required files.