Error 0x8000ffff when installing Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows
This article concerns:
During the installation of drivers for Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows, errors may occur.
Examples of errors:
InstallDriversDeferred: Failed to add a catalog file. Error 0x8000ffff.
MSI (s) (14!30) [11:07:22:451]: Product: Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows – Error 27300.Error installing driver kl1.sys_X86. Error: -2147418113.
InstallDriversDeferred: InstallDriversDeferred: finished. Return value 1603.
InstallDriversRollback (1b38:20b8) [15:46:19:896]: Failed to execute driver package 'mklif.sys_x64'. Failed to remove a catalog file. Error 0x8000ffff.
MSI (s) (60!E8) [15:46:19:688]: Product: Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows – Error 27300. Error installing driver mklif.sys_x64. Error: -2147418113.
The errors can be found in the application installation log.
Violations of operating system integrity: issues with cryptographic services, catalog database for CryptoAPI (CAT) drivers, and catalog signature validation.
To confirm that the issue is connected with cryptographic services, you can do the following:
- Check the Application system log on the device where the application is installed. The log can contain the following events: “The Cryptographic Services service failed to initialize the Catalog Database. The error was: -2147418113 (0x8000ffff) : Catastrophic failure”.
- Check if the %WINDIR%\System32\catroot2\dberr.txt file contains lines with the following error: "encountered JET error -583".
- Check if the %WINDIR%\INF\setupapi.dev.log file contains lines with the error code 0x8000ffff. For example: “Error 0x8000ffff: Catastrophic failure”.
If you have detected the errors described above:
- Resolve the problem with the operating system yourself or contact Microsoft Support.
- Install the application once again.