How to rename drivers in Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows
This article concerns Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows:
- Service Pack 2 Maintenance Release 4 (version 10.3.3.304)
- Service Pack 2 Maintenance Release 3 (version 10.3.3.275)
- Service Pack 2 Maintenance Release 2 (version 10.3.0.6294)
- Service Pack 2 Maintenance Release 1 (version 10.3.0.6294)
- Service Pack 2 (version 10.3.0.6294)
For diagnosing issues in Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10, technical support engineers may ask you to rename some drivers used by Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10.
To rename a driver:
- Open Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 and make sure no policies are applied to this computer.
- Open the Settings tab and click Advanced Settings. Clear the check box Enable Self-Defense and click Save.
- In the task bar, open the context menu of Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 and select Exit.
- Open %WinDir%\System32\drivers.
- Select the driver specified by the support engineer.
- Right-click the item and select Rename.
- Add the underscore ( _ ) after the current name of the driver.
- Restart your computer.
- Run Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 and see how it affects the computer functioning.
- Rename the next driver.
After renaming each driver, restart the computer. This helps find out which driver causes malfunctions. After troubleshooting, rename the files back.
If the computer runs under a policy
To allow editing:
- Create a new group which will run under a different policy.
- Move the computer to this group.
- Disable the policy for the group.