How to get Kaspersky Anti-Virus trace files
Kaspersky technical support engineers might request reports on the activity of the application’s components. These are called trace files.
We do not recommend that you perform the actions described in this article unless they are required by a Technical Support engineer. If enabled accidentally, trace collection may account for disk space shortage.
How to get trace files
- In the main window of Kaspersky Anti-Virus, click .
- If you’re not sure how to open the application, see this article.
- Click Support Tools.
- If the Technical Support specialist hasn't specified otherwise, switch the Enable application traces toggle to the “on” position and click Save.
- Restart the computer.
- Reproduce the problem.
- Switch the Enable application traces toggle to the “off” position and click Save.
Trace files have been created.
How to locate the trace files
The application saves trace files with unique names, in the LOG format: [Shortened application name].[Application version]_[Date of creation]_[Time of creation]_[Random characters].[Tracing type].[Encryption type]
To locate the trace files:
- Enable the Show hidden files and folders function. See this article for instructions.
- Press Win+E combination on your keyboard.
- In the Address Bar of the Windows Explorer, type the following: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.2\Traces
- Press Enter.
The Traces folder containing the trace files will open:
Trace files are stored on your computer for seven days after disabling the tracing. Then they are permanently deleted.